Information Technology Services (ITS)
ITS launches new IT@UofT Strategic Plan Delivery training
Published on: April 12, 2021
In early April, Information Technology Services (ITS) launched a new self-paced training course that allows the IT@UofT community to view and track project details within the department.
Take the course
The online course — called IT@UofT Strategic Plan Delivery Dashboard — is divided into short micro-lessons so that users can learn about the dashboard and complete the course at their own pace. To take the course, visit: SuccessFactors.
Topics covered in this course:
- Overview of the IT@UofT Strategic Plan Delivery Dashboard
- How to navigate through the dashboard
- IT@UofT Strategic Plan objectives and initiatives
- Defining a project versus a task
- How to review and create new initiatives
- How to map initiatives to existing projects
What is the “dashboard”?
This dashboard — ServiceNow’s Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) tool — tracks and reports on ITS-related projects. It also measures the department’s yearly progress to help staff focus priorities outlined in the IT@UofT Strategic Plan.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the IT@UofT Strategic Plan Delivery Dashboard, including its functionality.
- Explain the difference between an objective and an initiative.
- Explain the difference between a project and a task.
- Use all the views available in the dashboard.
- Complete objectives, initiatives and projects reviews using the dashboard.
- Discover how to link projects to initiatives in the dashboard.
(Note: Please take the time to fill out an optional survey upon completion of the course).