IT@UofT Service Management Board
The IT@UofT Service Management Board (ITSMB) is a working board that performs the following:
- Identifying and working through key trends and issues as they may affect the University community and advising/informing the Chief Information Officer and other IT advisory groups
- Focusing on communal problem-solving through the creation of problem-specific task forces
- Helping to determine the demarcation between services that are optimally provided institutionally and divisionally
- Facilitating the definition of baseline IT service responsiveness standards in consultation with service stakeholders and providers
- Identifying and advocating for additions and changes to the core basket of services
- Advocacy for consistent levels of service availability and delivery
The committee will consider and discuss information from the following areas:
- IT service management reports (from intake vehicles such as ServiceNow)
- Major project status reports
The IT@UofT Service Management Board will provide:
- Annual report on IT service performance related to business expectations, highlighting:
- Quantitative elements of service provided including volume, service costs and responsiveness
- Qualitative aspects of service management summarizing service and application improvements and initiated or facilitated change management processes
- Demonstration of the value gained by facilitating a common service platform
The IT Service Management Board requires a mix of service consumers, client-support team representatives, IT and business-focused individuals such as tri-campus service management leads and divisional IT leaders (multi and single department faculties i.e., ACE-IT).
The list of committee members will be shared once membership has been confirmed.
The IT Service Management Board provides input to the Chief Information Officer and the IT@UofT Board.
- 10 meetings per year
- Two-year rotating
If you have questions, contact Marden Paul, Director, Planning, Governance & Assessment email@example.com.