The IT infrastructure acts as the University’s backbone. Here you will find information about business continuity, backups, networking, recovery, storage, wireless and data recovery solutions the University has to offer.
- AnnouncementsPlease refer to this page for updates and announcements pertaining to all elements of infrastructure.
- BackupsData loss can be disruptive to every day operations. Click here to find out about your options and best practices when it comes to backing up data.
- Business ContinuityThe University of Toronto has adopted an on-line business continuity planning tool (originally developed by the University of California at Berkeley) to help your department prepare for adverse events which could be disruptive to your teaching and research mission. We will refer to this as the UTOR Business Continuity Planning Tool (BCPT).
- Data RecoveryThe following is a list of companies recommended by Administrators and Departments on campus for Data Recovery services
- NetworkingWTS is available to advise staff and faculty of the University on designing, implementing, and maintaining a networked computer system. We can provide assistance sizing and selecting general file and print servers as well as special application servers. We can also assist clients in specifying the network requirements for office floor plans, printing, desk computers, and other networkable devices.
- WirelessThe University has an extensive wireless network. Here you will find the wireless access point campus maps, network setup instructions and wireless support resources.
- Virtual Server Hosting